This filter does not need to be oiled like the K&N equivalents.
Benefits of Changing Your Air Filter
- Increased fuel efficiency – One of the biggest reasons to change your air filter regularly.
- Reduced emissions – Clogged air filters can reduce air flow to the engine, literally choking it, and as a result affect the emission control systems of the car causing an incorrect air-fuel mixture and spark plug ignition problems which can lead to serious driveability issues. Spark plugs can become fouled which often times result in an engine miss or rough idle, while also greatly affecting fuel mileage.
- Prolongs engine life – Changing the air filter regularly helps prolong engine life because the air filter is designed to trap damaging dirt and debris that can damage internal engine parts such as the cylinders and pistons. Engine damage can occur from particles as small as a grain of salt and result in costly repairs.
- Inexpensive and quick fix – An air filter is one of the least expensive maintenance components to replace and can be done by doing it yourself.
- Increase induction Noise.
- Easily cleaned with warm soapy water and let air dry before re-installing